You are here

Update for Mac OS X 10.14.1?

Mac OS says that after the next OS X 10.14 update that TesGen will not function without an update. Any answer for that? Thanks.

TestGen Forums: 

TestGen should be compatible with all 10.14.x versions of MacOS. The current version of TestGen will stop working with 10.15, but we expect to have a new version that will be compatible by the time that comes out.

--
Mark

I'm running version 10.14.4 Beta (18E184e) and TestGen crashes every time I try to save exams as pdf.

Thank you for your report.

We do not support running TestGen on beta versions of operating systems. If you have a backup of your system through Time Machine or similar software, I recommend switching back to a stable version of MacOS such as 10.14.3.

I am unable to add a new testbank to library. I've re-installed TestGen and use Macbook Pro w/ Mojave 10.14.3. Any suggestions?

Are you trying to use the "Locate Testbanks" menu option? Changes in MacOS 10.13 and 10.14 keep that from working reliably. Instead, you'll need to select "Add Testbank to Library" from the "File" menu, navigate to the testbank's location, and select it.

If you're doing something else, I'll need more information on what you're doing and what happens when you do it to figure out what's going wrong.

--
Mark

I'm able to use TestGen 7 on Mac OS 10.14 but receive a message that it will not be compatible going forward due to a change to 64-bit architecture that started with Mac OS 10.13. This transition has been in the works for a while and in the future the current TestGen will not be compatible as it is 32-bit. Are there new, 64-bit versions on the way soon?

The current version of TestGen will stop working with 10.15, but we expect to have a new version that will be compatible by the time that comes out.

What is the status of the update that will run with the 64-bit Mac OS?

It should be available right about the time that 10.15 comes out.

Do you know when there will be an update for OS 10.15?

All forum messages express the views of the author, and Tamarack Software will not be held responsible for the content of any message. By participating in the Forum, you agree to abide by the Terms of Use and not to:

(a) post any messages that are threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented or otherwise unlawful; (b) post messages totally unrelated to TestGen Software; (c) advertise unauthorized products and services; and (d) send Spam.