You are here

QuizMaster ISAM Error 123

Today, we starting having issues with QuizMaster. Here is the information obtained from our test proctor:

Quizmaster errors are not allowing some students to properly finish their tests. They take the entire test, and then Quizmaster gives them the following sequence of error messages: Error Message #1:A database error has prevented your scores from being recorded.Try Again? Error Message #2:Altered data has been detected. Consult your User’s Guide.ISAM error 160 on file 6 , 0 Error Message #3:Key already in index ISAM error 2 on file 7 , 0.

So after all students had exited out of QuizMaster, I attempted to reindex the files. However, I received the following final message: "Unable to rebuild ct_file file. ISAM error 123 on file 20 , 0."

After several attempts, I had to restore the files from the night backup. So it appears we lost a days worth of test data.

Is anything being done to stablize this application?

TestGen Forums: 

Here is my contact info.

Thanks,
Andy

We are now aware of the quizmaster isam error issues. The issue has been discussed at the highest levels within the company and we are all committed to eliminating the problem. We have made some progress and we we may have found a way to resolve the issue. As it turns out the change is not at all trivial and will require some time to implement and test. I can not give you an exact timeline but I assure you that we have not abandoned quizmaster.

Thank you for your help in bringing the issue to our attention.

Mickey Orcutt

Vice President

Tamarack Software Inc.

All forum messages express the views of the author, and Tamarack Software will not be held responsible for the content of any message. By participating in the Forum, you agree to abide by the Terms of Use and not to:

(a) post any messages that are threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented or otherwise unlawful; (b) post messages totally unrelated to TestGen Software; (c) advertise unauthorized products and services; and (d) send Spam.